Principal Core Engineer
Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision Central Tech is looking for a hands-on Perforce Architect to help lead innovations around source code control, build pipelines, automation, and testing, in partnership with multiple Activision studios and titles.
You, the ideal candidate, thrive on challenges like building new and better build and CI pipelines, introducing new ways of testing to increase robustness, making team build deployments an instantaneous process, improving and finding deep-rooted problems in existing tools, and scaling processes to the cloud.
You constantly seek new innovative solutions and systems, but you also reject most from a position of pragmatism. You see the big picture, but you know that the details matter. You understand the tradeoffs between ambition and risk. You walk and chew gum at the same time.
• Innovate and introduce new technologies, practices, processes, tools, and systems in areas like: automation, robustness, testing, deployment, architecture, configuration, and scaling
• Proactively seek improvements to existing tools and production pipelines
• Measure and identify bottlenecks and key issues
• Seek root causes of problems
• Help resolve scaling and stability issues
• Collaborate with first-party studio stakeholders
• Mentor other engineers in areas of domain expertise and best practices
• Mastery of Perforce source code version control platform and architecture
• Experience with large software projects, ideally building both code and large data sets
• Expertise and comfortability in both Windows and Linux
• Strong programming and scripting skills in C++, Python, and other languages
• Familiarity with a wide variety of open source technologies
• Working knowledge of continuous integration platforms (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.)
• Experience with virtualization, containerization, scaling (KVM, Rancher, Docker, AWS, etc.)
• Experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Redis, etc.)
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.