Activision Publishing is currently looking for a
Online Engineer to join the Mobile team to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As an Online Engineer on the Mobile team, your mission is to implement networking systems including online multiplayer, matchmaking, community features, and 1st party technical requirements to create an immersive experience for our players. This role requires knowledge of fundamental networking behaviors including synchronization, authority, determinism, replication, prediction, latency, and bandwidth. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with a global team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop networking code to interact with backend systems and online services
• Optimize existing networking codebase by instrumenting, profiling, analyzing, and optimizing
• Architect and implement high performance network code solutions for client and server game logic
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Excellent C++ programming skills - at least 3 years experience in games or related industry
• Proficiency in client-server and peer-to-peer networking architectures
• Proficient with synchronization, lag compensation, UDP/TCP, packet bandwidth optimization
• Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
• Tools development experience using Python, or other relevant languages
• Comfortable working with RESTful APIs, JSON, and network protocol design/implementation
• Online/Network programming experience on mobile or current generation consoles/PC
• A strong passion for video games
• Experience working with first party online services on mobile, console or PC
• Experience in data science (visualization, analysis, pipelines)
• Developed and shipped at least one online multi-player game
• Proficiency in database modeling and access libraries
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw988j-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.