Want to be responsible for the gaming experience of millions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we take on big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you're passionate about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
You will join the Network Engineering team in the Platform Department and help form technical direction and standard methodologies for our current and future needs. The team is based across the world (Dublin, Shanghai & Vancouver).
You will improve efficiency in our existing hardware fleet and services and ensure that we evolve our technologies to meet the demands of ourselves and our internal customers.
You will drive us towards infrastructure as code using frameworks such as Ansible.
Our goal is to provide data centre and cloud infrastructure in a secure, scalable and repeatable way!
Day to Day:
Work on key infrastructure projects involving multiple teams. Troubleshoot and debug, often in collaboration with other teams. Provide network infrastructure for virtualized and containerized workloads to other teams in Demonware. Run network infrastructure in our data centres encompassing provisioning, and overall lifecycle management. Act as an escalation point for networks and services owned by the team. Be part of our on-call rotation, shared with your team and by Demonware engineers globally.
• 3+ years practical data centre network experience, preferably working with large scale networks in a global 24/7 environment
• Solid grasp of 2, or more, of the following areas: TCP/IP, Routing & Switching, Load Balancer technologies, Firewall technologies
• Experience with compute and network hardware and architecture
• A desire to automate all the things
• Tenacity for debugging and solving technology problems at root cause
• Familiarity with network services (e.g. BGP, NAT, VPN, VXLAN, EVPN)
• Familiarity with common system services, as they interact with the network, (e.g. PXE, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SNMP)
• Strong scripting skills: Unix shell programming and ideally Python
• Knowledge of Linux operating systems and operating system abstraction technologies: virtualization (preferably KVM) and/or Linux containers (e.g. LXC/LXD, Docker)
• Familiarity with Kubernetes networking model and concepts such as pod networking, overlays, network policy and ingress
• Familiarity with software-based network functions and application in a Kubernetes environment, e.g. iptables, IPVS, routing on the host (RoH), open source routing daemons (bird, frr), reverse proxies and ingress controllers
This is what you can expect from your interview process with us. As our team, and closely adjacent teams, are distributed globally we may need to make some adjustments along the way. We strive for you to meet as many of the people you will work closely with during the process. We will keep you up to date with any changes.
• 1x 30-60 minute engineering screen call (with up to 2 people)
• 3x 1 hour technical conversations (with up to 3 people per session)
• 1x 30 minutes with other team members (with up to 3 people)
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, Pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z8xk-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.