Los Angeles, CA
Activision Central Technology's CTX group is a team of artists, scientists, and engineers who collaborate with Activision studios to develop pioneering workflows and techniques for game content creation. We combine expertise from the game industry and the film industry to advance real-time visuals to levels which were previously exclusive to motion pictures.
You will be part of a Central Technology effort to provide industry best game assets to our upcoming titles.
Your Mission is to work with multiple teams and new technology to build best-in-class character and prop assets and streamline the delivery of these photoreal assets to our games.
• Work with artists, engineers, supervisors, and producers to identify and execute on the asset needs of the games related to modeling and animation.
• Preparing for and attending photo, scan, and motion capture shoots.
• Cleaning, enhancing, and QC-ing raw scan and capture data.
• Managing day-to-day pipeline issues; identifying problems and driving creative solutions to fix them
• Assist in designing, developing and supporting asset creation pipelines and tools which integrate with different specific studio pipelines.
• Jump into both long-term R&D efforts as well as short-term production support as needed.
• This is a great opportunity to influence strong existing brands as well as work on unannounced future games.
• College degree in Animation/CG or equivalent experience in the video game industry with strong modeling/animation portfolio
• Experience with FACS, facial performance animation, motion capture and character rigging
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
• Ability to take direction well and address notes
• A passion for developing high quality games
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
• Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development.
• Knowledge of Perforce, Jira, Shotgun, or similar for delivery and production tracking.
• Python, HSL, or other scripting experience a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro36o3-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.