Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the US, and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
As a Mobile Security E ngineer , you will provide expert analysis and robustly engineered solutions to help strengthen our titles against threats . The role requires an insightful, agile, and pragmatic approach to a rapidly changing threat landscape - balancing both long term capability buildout and quick react ion to emerging threats .
This is a hands-on role, requiring strong programming , analysis, and reverse-engineering skills. Working as part of an agile team
of security experts , you are expected to be a subject matter expert . You will be working directly on game integrity in addition
overall mobile security capabilit ies .
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Strengthen security and integrity of mobile game features, ensuring known exploits are mitigat ed and potential threats are addressed.
• Work closely within the security team to identify the best course of action to proactively protect game features and implement countermeasures.
• Identify emerging threats, build remedial plans , and implement countermeasures in a timely manner ; monitor ing and measur ing effectiveness
of those efforts.
• Be a priority resource , work ing side-by-side with game engineers .
• Perform R&D into both new mobile security techniques and technologies , building a toolbox of robust capabilitie s.
• Support both engineering and security operations efforts.
• Familiarity with r everse engineering and advanced debugging .
• A bility to identify code vulnerabilities and exploits.
• Familiarity with malware detection methods .
• Familiarity with mobile app store s and mobile applications distribution process es .
• Extensive knowledge of iOS and /or Android operating system s .
• Strong Jav a and/or Objective C development skills on mobile titles .
• U nderstanding of assembly code and lower-level iOS and /or Android operating system s .
• Be able to interact with and work directly with game engineering teams.
• Understanding of source control best practices, particularly hands-on knowledge of Perforce.
• Kno wledge of social e ngineering
• Kno wledge of malware analysis
• Kno wledge of industry best practices for protecting applications and writing secure code.
• S ecurity-oriented role on previously published games
• Working as part of a broader live operations or game security effort a plus.
• Knowledge of networking protocol s at low (TCP/IP, UDP) and high level (HTTP) .
• Knowledge of packet capture techniques and interception proxies .
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmzmjm-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.