This role will be based in the UK, at our Soho Office. Our Soho office is in the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As a Marketing Manager for DACH, you will lead, and be primarily responsible for, territory marketing activation for the DACH region across all Activision & Blizzard franchises.
As an experienced Marketing Manager, you will thrive in an energetic team environment, will be highly organised and able to inspire and lead your team to achieve their goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead and own local key beat planning, local media planning, local 3rd party partnerships, local 1st party console marketing planning and local consumer event planning to deliver high-value territory marketing activations that connect and resonate with local audiences.
• Identify areas of local market opportunity across all Activision & Blizzard franchises, encompassing both new release and live services, that will drive player and revenue growth.
• Provide effective local market insight and knowledge (including flagging legal requirements) to ensure due consideration within both game and global marketing planning.
• Support marketing asset localization and delivery of local initiatives to support global campaigns, where required. e.g. local social content.
• Co-ordinate and evangelise local key beat plans with wider internal stakeholders, working with relevant cross-functional teams.
• Foster a close working partnership with the Territory Communications team to drive effective cross-functional local collaboration.
• Management of territory marketing budgets for specific functional areas.
This role is a Manager level position where you will thrive on a can-do attitude, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think outside the box all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition you will have:
• A Degree level Education (preferred) or relevant to the experience required for the role.
• A minimum of 5-6 years of brand management experience with a history of increasing responsibility and expanding leadership positions managing a high-profile entertainment or lifestyle brand
• Related to the above, specific experience of leading successful territory marketing activations within the DACH region
• Excellent local language spoken and written (German) necessary, with another European language advantageous
• Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively, including strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• History of managing direct reports and/or influencing colleagues who succeeded under your guidance
• Passion for marketing and creativity a must
• Organized, with strong attention to detail, seeking to deliver all tasks to the highest standard.
• Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
• Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
• Proven track record of delivering complex projects requiring strong project management skills, attention to detail, accountability
• Able to manipulate data from various sources – MS Office expertise is a must - to prepare reports, modelling, forecasting and franchise performance updates
• Very good experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word…)
• Ideally has knowledge of the gaming industry (publishers / trends / media / influencers)
• You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour.
• Personal passion for games (PC, mobile, console) / online entertainment services or web user experience
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1xxn-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.