Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Manager of Technical Accounting you will play a critical role in the corporate controller & accounting office as well as the worldwide Finance Team.
Overall, the responsibility of this role is to (1) ensure that we have complied with all accounting requirements under US GAAP, including the adoption and application of new accounting standards and establishment of global accounting policies, (2) partner with international counterparts and support international statutory financial reporting, and (3) support accounting for company bonus programs and partner with FP&A teams to ensure these are forecasted properly. You will work closely to partner with the business units across the company to ensure a deep understanding of our business activities and results, address accounting and finance related issues and developments, and will have close interaction with the financial reporting leadership team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Perform technical research and consult with management and the external auditors to ensure accurate accounting treatment is applied and documented for all transactions
• Work in partnership with business units, financial reporting & analysis, stock administration, and corporate accounting teams to provide support and guidance for potential new business models and accounting transactions
• Support quarterly close process, including analyzing business results in preparation of internal and external reporting materials
• Supporting annual statutory reporting for domestic and international entities, including providing guidance on disclosure requirements and assistance with certain disclosures
• Consider implication of new accounting pronouncements on our current policy and standards and provide support on the adoption of such standards
• Provide training to accounting, finance, and business teams on new and existing accounting standards, as relevant
• Responsibility for the review of accounting journals and internal reporting relating to the company's bonus programs, as well as partnering with business unit FP&A teams to ensure these are forecasted appropriately
• CPA with a bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Minimum experience of 5 years with one of the Big 4 accounting firms and/or commercial experience at the Sr Accountant or Manager level with a strong track record of technical accounting and research
• Strong Microsoft Excel Skills and ability to work with complex models
• Strong US GAAP and accounting skills required with the ability to convert technical research and interpretation into a practical solution
• Strong analytical skills and critical thinking with the ability to analyze financial results
• Great teammate with experience collaborating with multiple partners to effectively get results
• Experience with IFRS Accounting Standards
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Broad background in dealing with different companies and issues
• In-depth experience with accounting for stock-based compensation (US GAAP and IFRS) and reporting from equity edge online
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 - $161,910.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06328-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.