The Manager, Strategy and Operations position is a unique, critical, and highly visible leadership role at Activision, the team behind Call of Duty and other award-winning titles. This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
As a Manager, Strategy and Operations you will be responsible for analyzing and developing strategies to improve business performance and drive growth. You will be working closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, marketing professionals, and studio support leaders to identify areas for improvement and opportunities for growth. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Business Unit Strategy & Operational Support
• Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities in the video game industry.
• Collaborate with studio support teams including production, and release management to identify issues and provide feedback on improving the game quality.
• Analyze player behavior and engagement to identify areas for improvement in game design and user experience.
• Build technology strategies to improve efficiencies across the company.
• Use large data sets and analytics tools such as SQL, Excel, and Tableau to track and measure the effectiveness of strategies and initiatives.
• Develop strategies to improve player retention, acquisition, and monetization.
• Work with marketing teams to develop and execute user acquisition and retention campaigns.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments to advise strategic decision-making.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• Bachelor's degree in business, economics, statistics, or a related field.
• 6+ years of proven experience in strategy or analytics, preferably in consulting or banking
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience working with large data sets.
• Experience working with large data sets and analytics tools such as PowerBI SQL, Excel, and Tableau are a must.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Passion for video games and the video game industry.
• Role is based in Santa Monica with 25% travel.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $111,780.00 - $206,882.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g66q8j-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.