The Ethics & Compliance team at Activision Blizzard supports the company's commitment to an inclusive, safe, inspiring and equitable culture that is respectful to all. The Manager, Employment Investigations will conduct critical workplace investigations that are crisis-oriented and time sensitive. After completing the investigation, the Manager, Employment Investigations will prepare a detailed and cohesive investigation report and present the findings to relevant stakeholders. The Manager, Employment Investigations will report to the Director, Workplace Investigations.
• Manage end-to-end investigative processes for employee complaints involving violations of law or policy, which could include allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, bullying, failure to escalate and other inappropriate behavior.
• Conduct timely, detailed, and objective investigations, which may consist of: performing background research, reviewing documents (including potentially contrasting documents), interviewing complaining parties, witnesses and accused parties and performing credibility assessments thereafter, reporting findings verbally and in writing, and advising relevant partners of the outcome of the investigation.
• Prepare a detailed and cohesive investigation report following the completion of investigations.
• Advise remedial action needed following workplace investigations.
• Analyze workplace investigation trends and advise the company on risk metrics.
• Approach the investigation process with curiosity to discover and fully understand potential workplace concerns.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in workplace investigations, employee relations, and/or practicing employment law.
• Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues.
• Experience investigating and/or advising on employment-related matters.
• High degree of empathy with the ability to conduct difficult conversations in a calm and effective manner.
• Outstanding writing and communications skills, and experience summarizing and detailing investigation findings.
• Proven ability to present findings, provide direct feedback and persuasively convey recommendations.
• Intellectual curiosity and commitment to learning.
• Undergraduate degree required, with law degree (J.D. or foreign equivalent) strongly preferred.
The video game industry, and therefore our business, is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may change at any time as directed by the Company to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4682-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.