Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a smart and driven individual with the right mix of formal business management skills, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech and data-driven environment for our headquarters office in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will work cross functionally with Battle.net and Online products, Blizzard game teams and Activision Business Units. You will use platform data to envision, evolve, and operate merchandising and monetization strategies for Battle.net, targeting the intersection of revenue generation goals and quality player experience. Ideally, you will have experience working on direct-to-consumer digital content platforms. You will have a deep understanding of consumer behavior in order to drive commercial outcomes.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
• Lead data instrumentation and analysis workstreams to ensure we can measure and optimize reach, engagement, and monetization on our owned and operating merchandising surfaces; help lead the evolution of systems working cross functionally
• Regularly review merchandising strategy and performance, and present results to stakeholders with a goal of continuous learning and improvement, levelling up our data-driven understanding of our platform merchandising
• Owning engagement and monetization metrics/ KPIs
• Coaching game teams, regional partners and editorial on what's working and what's not working in terms of driving clicks and conversions
• AB testing merchandising, including alternate art, copy, timing and targeting
• Understanding the impact of ad fatigue
• Driving the audience and targeting strategy: whom do we target, at which points in their lifecycle, and how do we tailor our messages to be as relevant as possible?
• Helping editorial and merchandising teams quantify tradeoffs due to scarcity and collisions
• Support Executive Commercial Reviews by working with Commercial Strategy, Data, Product, Marketing and Finance teams to recap prior performance and provide forward visibility to our stakeholders
• Help develop and execute platform growth strategies with a focus on growing battle.net MAU and revenue metrics
• Undergraduate degree level education in business or related field
• 5+ years experience in a business role supporting AAA products
• Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
• Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
• Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
• Proven ability to exert influence without authority
• Comfortable with uncertainty
• Passionate about Blizzard and Activision games
• Combination of game development and game publishing experience
• Experience working outside the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnojy-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.