Expert Software Engineer, Analytics
Machine Learning Engineer (Contract)
The ML Engineer will develop and operationalize a Recommendation system for our in-game store. You will be responsible for building custom data pipelines that interface with several studios and partner teams, and you will work with our Lead ML Scientist in daily operations and engineering.
Our team has a wide range of responsibilities across Game Operations, Marketing, CRM, and Business Planning.
Some examples of other projects you may encounter: Anti-Cheat; Anti-Toxicity; Churn Risk; Customer Lifetime Value; Marketing models (Attribution and Media Mix Models); Matchmaking and skill.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
• Prototype-to-production engineering skills in Python, including best practices such as source control, proper documentation, library packaging, versioning, testing, containerization, CI/CD, and task scheduling
• Data engineering skills to facilitate data movement, ETL, and analysis
• Advanced SQL skills (analytics knowledge preferred)
• Advanced Spark skills
• Expertise in machine learning workflows. Model validation, testing, scheduling, monitoring.
• Engineering experience in at least one cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
• Exposure to stream processing infrastructure such as Kafka and Spark Streaming a plus
• MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other engineering/scientific area; or Bachelors + 2 years industry experience. Senior to Lead level possible with additional experience.
• Must be a tenacious and self-catalyzing problem solver. You don't settle for good enough. Must be able to synthesize disparate data, detect and work around broken data, and investigate every possibility until you are confident you have and understand a thorough solution
• Process-oriented driving toward visibility, accountability, and communication
• Team-oriented, ability to build long-lasting and collaborative relationships effectively. You work selflessly and enthusiastically, serving as a positive catalyst for collaborative solutioning
• You contribute to the expertise in every data and analytic conversation as well as you listen with openness to other's expertise
• A passion for analytics and diving into as well as experiencing the products on which you work (video game enthusiasm with a solid understanding of the connection of gameplay to spending behavior is a plus)
• Ability to adapt quickly, high tolerance for ambiguity, and ability to coordinate on a team
Please note: This is a contingent worker position and will be staffed through Volt, a staffing and workforce management company.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.