Localisation QA Tester
Job Title:Localisation QA Tester (Functional)
We are looking for Quality Assurance Functional Game Testers
This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favourite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. If you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™ and Spyro™.
We are currently recruiting for Functional Game Testers. As part of the team in Dublin you will work in our functional department. The functional department works alongside and closely with our Localisation Department where we work together to deliver the best Quality for all our titles.
• To test pre-release AAA video games
• This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
• Identify and document defects in a clear and concise manner using the designated bug tracking database
• Complete regression/verification testing as needed.
• Follows instructions and accomplish tasks as directed by you from the Functional Lead or QA Lead
• Excellent written/spoken English.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong interest in video games.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Aptitude to learn quickly and effectivel.
• Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
You'll really get our attention if you have:
• Previous experience in QA or a linguistic role
• Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
• Experience with Quality Assurance testing of software projects (desired).
• Understanding of the software test cycle process (desired).
• PC and console game troubleshooting (desired).
The squad you could be a part of:
This is a temporary, Full-Time position Monday – Friday 10.00 – 18.00
To be a part of a Large Multicultural working environment with people from all over the world.
Full training on the day to day tasks of a QA Tester.
What are you waiting for!!
Contract lengths may vary but will be for a minimum 3 months duration with an opportunity for extension.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.