Contract: Fixed Term 6 month Contract with a potential for extension
Great Games Start with Great People!
This is an exciting time to join us! Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favourite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together.
We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Spyro.
We are currently recruiting for Russian Localisation Testers. As part of the team in Dublin you will work in our localisation department. The localisation department is where we translate all the text and audio assets which appear in the non-English versions of our video games. Our job is to adapt our video games to meet the language, culture and norms of the desired local market.
To learn more, check visit www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Localisation Dublin was established in 2007 and is located 2.3km from Dublin City Centre in East Point Business Park. As a team we are responsible for the Project Management and Quality Assurance of our great games. Our purpose is to ensure that the localised version of a game meets the highest quality standards before being released. At our location you can expect to work with people from all across the world.
• Test each project assigned to identify localisation and functional bugs.
• Review language components (e.g. Text & Audio files) before integration.
• Identify and document defects in a clear and concise manner using the designated bug tracking database
• Complete regression/verification testing daily.
• Provide ad-hoc translations.
• Other duties assigned as required
Knowledge & Skills
• Fluent language skills in Russian
• Good level of written and spoken English
• Enjoy playing video games on a variety of platforms including PC, Console and Mobile
• Previous experience in QA or a linguistic role is a plus – but not required as you will get full training
• Second level education (High School) or equivalent is required
• Third level education in languages a distinct advantage
• Adaptability & Flexibility
• Willingness to Learn
• Analytical Skills
Work as part of a large multicultural team with people from European, South American and Asian countries. What are you waiting for? All positions are full time, contract lengths may vary but will be for a minimum 6 months duration with an opportunity for extension
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67pk9-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.