Compliance Program & Investigations Specialist
Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:MTX/Live Ops Designer - Call of Duty
MTX/Live Ops Designer – Call of Duty – Activision Central Studios
Activision is looking for an MTX/Live Ops Designer to join Activision's Central Design team, focused on the Call of Duty franchise. Ideal candidates will have in-depth monetization design experience as well as experience in live ops with merchandising, scheduling, engagement and events planning.
The MTX/Live Ops Designer will be responsible for design guidance specifically for the Call of Duty franchise. Working within the Activision Central Design team, the role will focus on supporting each studio's monetization and live ops efforts. This includes monetization systems design, content design, product planning, engagement events, and optimization. Candidates will be required to demonstrate proven success in monetization and live ops design on AAA products. Knowledge and experience working with UX teams, business units, user testing and analytics teams is required.
The MTX/Live Ops Designer must be a team player, able to work with and influence internal and external partners. This role requires excellent communication and documentation skills. Ability to communicate complicated designs in a clear manner is a must. They must have deep experience with hands-in game development. Candidates must be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally designing features to providing high-level feedback. The MTX/Live Ops Designer must thrive in a challenging and high stakes environment. A passion for games new and old is a pre-requisite, along with a deep understanding of what makes great games tick and how to articulate that to others. Successful candidates will be expected to be experts in all major industry monetization conventions, and reverse engineer and document competitive titles to identify best practices and opportunities.
• Will report directly to the Design Director in Activision's Central Design team
• Consult on multiple Activision Call of Duty projects, focusing on monetization design and live ops
• Review and provide verbal/written feedback on design documents and work-in-progress builds
• When required, work directly with dev teams to provide feedback and design support
• Partner with User Research to provide support and analysis on testing results
• Contribute design solutions in the form of high level pitches or low-level designs as needed
• Act as a monetization design evangelist for Central Studios by generating game breakdowns, best practices docs, and keeping a finger on the pulse of the industry
• University/College Degree OR respectable body of professional work experience
• 5+ years acting as a systems designer in the AAA console/PC games industry
• 3+ titles shipped as a systems designer on a dev or publishing team
• 3+ design areas with demonstrated competency and direct applied experience from the following - UX Design, Level Design, Narrative Design, Mission Design, Systems Design, Core Gameplay Design, Multiplayer Design, Monetization Design
• Egoless personality, who can communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Expert with high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
• Passion for Call of Duty, with understanding of the franchise's monetization systems
• Avid gamer (especially online) with a broad range of game experience and a passion for games
• Programming/scripting experience a plus
• Visual skills a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.