Toys For Bob is a stellar team of inventors, makers, and magicians from all over the world who have been developing epic AAA games for far-reaching IPs like Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, and Skylanders since 1989. We are based out of a former military hangar that has been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. If you love games and the people who play them; if you are great at what you do and are committed to continual growth, we'd love for you to be part of our family! Temporary contract position and full time employee options available.
• Collaborate well with others including Art Direction, Level Designers, Environment Artists, Vfx Artists, Engineering to deliver a quality realistic style for compelling game environments!
• Collaborate with Lighting artists~directors across several external companies to establish a compelling, cohesive look.
• You must be motivated to learn our internal tools and be willing to seek out the information you need to create beautiful environments within budget.
• Have the capacity to be self-sufficient and solve technical issues that arise During level lighting process.
• Produce high end visuals within memory constraints and performance guidelines.
• Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
• Assist in the documentation and communication of technical and process guidelines for lighting creation and implementation.
• Work in and maintain an efficient organization structure for all lighting assets.
• Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
• 5+ years industry experience with at least 1 title shipped on XBOX~PS4 platforms
• Proactive, self-motivated, and results-oriented; able to translate visual reference or concept effectively into the game without direct supervision.
• Expertise in development & implementation of lighting systems and post-process effects
• Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material, and light in relation to their application in games
• Excellent understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines, and development processes
• Able to collaborate with the team leads to achieve solutions that work for all disciplines.
• Open to feedback but also possessing an excellent capacity to solve creative and technical problems and present a compelling vision.
• Ability to research and develop lighting techniques; envision or address tools needs, report and solve bugs.
• Unreal, Unity, or other Proprietary Engines.
• Knowledge of Maya, Materials and scripting a plus!
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Experience with PBR & HDR lighting.
• Knowledge of photography principals and image correction techniques.
How to Apply
Please apply online. Submit your reel and resume (PDF) for consideration.
Relocation assistance is offered
About the Company
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7e0k-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.