Vicarious Visions is looking for an exceptionally skilled lighting artist. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone and mood and possess a thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on personal vision and conceptual illustrations.
• Working with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
• Working closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
• Anticipate different production constraints with various lighting techniques, and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
• Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
• A minimum of 3 years' video game development experience, lighting a variety of game environments
• A portfolio, or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail, and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
• Thorough understanding of real-time, and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
• Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player
• 1+ shipped AAA title.
• Foundation in traditional arts.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reo7m1-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.