Objectives & Responsibilities:
• Create fun and exciting experiences using an array of game mechanics.
• Own & drive major design initiatives from start to finish.
• Help mentor other designers on a regular basis.
• Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
• Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
• Work alongside other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
• Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
• Passion for First Person Shooters, Console or PC.
• Minimum five years of design experience, ideally on a FPS title.
• Good spatial and layout design skills.
• Work with a flexible C-style scripting language to realize your designs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management and peers in other disciplines.
• Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
• Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
• Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
• Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
• Clear understanding and appreciation of schedules and milestones.
• Experience with the Radiant level editor.
• Activision Blizzard | Human Resource
• Mod community experience.
• Shipped a AAA title.
• Computer Science or Architecture background.
• Good English skill.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qnym-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.