Contract Term: Permanent full time
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and more.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com, www.king.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB and @King_Games
As Legal Counsel, you will be part of Activision Blizzard and King's EMEA legal team, working in a challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your legal expertise. You'll get the flexibility to work on a wide range of commercial issues across key parts of our business, including our game and marketing teams and our Ads sales business (Activision Blizzard Media).
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Commercial contracts – advising on commercial matters across our business units, drafting & negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts with particular responsibility for
• Outsourced services and technology/software procurement
• Marketing contracts, including digital/UA marketing, agency & creative services and influencer/talent contracts
• Partnering with our Ads sales business (Activision Blizzard Media) to draft and negotiate on a variety of direct, programmatic and trading deals, for in-game and e-sports broadcast placements
• Data Protection – reviewing and drafting data processing agreements with service providers and advising on day-to-day commercial privacy issues relevant to commercial contracts and ad tech, while being able to work with specialist privacy lawyers on more complex or high-risk matters
You have great passion for both commercial law and how it can be used effectively and positively in the Activision Blizzard and King businesses. You'll be passionate, enthusiastic and interested in the company and our games.
Qualifications/Training (appropriate to the job)
• Qualified in a well-respected law firm in the UK or other EU jurisdiction with ideally 3-5 years PQE, able to demonstrate excellent academics.
• Ideally experience working within our, or a similar, industry e.g. gaming, tech, media, or e-commerce
Knowledge/Experience/Skills/Abilities (appropriate to the job)
• Experience negotiating and drafting a range of commercial contracts, particularly in relation to marketing, and IT/technology matters. Exposure to digital marketing or ad tech contracts a bonus.
• Excellent written and communication skills (English)
• Excellent attention to details
• PowerPoint presentation, Word and Excel proficiency
• Knowledge of UK & EU Data Protection laws and regulations from a comm
• Experience working as part of a team and supporting/delegating to more junior team members
Personal Attributes (appropriate to the job)
• Team player with ability to build relationships and actively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders of all levels across the business.
• The ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects, effectively prioritise and work under demanding deadlines and a ''can do'' attitude is essential.
• Collaborative, proactive, commercial, creative and of course, passionate about games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m03m-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.