Contract Term: Permanent full time
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and more.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com, www.king.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB and @King_Games
As Legal Counsel, you will be part of Activision Blizzard and King's EMEA legal team, working in a challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your legal expertise. You'll get the flexibility to work on a wide range of consumer and commercial issues across key parts of our business, including our game franchise and marketing teams.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Consumer & regulatory - advising our business and game teams on consumer and regulatory issues, including advertising, gaming, consumer protection and pricing, e-commerce and data protection
• Commercial contract drafting and negotiation across the EMEA business
• Marketing - advising our marketing teams on consumer-facing brand and game marketing campaigns, from concept to execution
• Generalist intellectual property advice, including asset clearance and release in relation to new game releases and/or new content & features
Qualifications/Training (appropriate to the job)
• Qualified, ideally in a well-respected law firm, in the UK or other EU jurisdiction with ideally 2-4 years PQE, able to demonstrate excellent academics.
• Ideally experience working within our, or a similar industry e.g. gaming, tech, media, or e-commerce
Knowledge/Experience/Skills/Abilities (appropriate to the job)
• Experience advising on a range of consumer-facing legal considerations, ideally with significant exposure to marketing, advertising and/or IP work
• Excellent written and communication skills (English)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency in using office software
• Awareness of EU Data Protection laws and regulations
• Experience working as part of a team and supporting more junior team members
Personal Attributes (appropriate to the job)
• Team player with ability to build relationships and actively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders of all levels across the business.
• The ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects, effectively prioritise and work under demanding deadlines with a ''can do'' attitude is essential.
• Collaborative, proactive, commercial, creative and of course, passionate about the games industry
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9ooj-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.