Technical Rigging Animator
Job Title:Lead VFX Artist
As a Lead VFX Artist, you will direct a team of high-caliber artists as they craft compelling and realistic visual effects for a game played by millions. As a dedicated team leader, you will play a critical role as part of the project leadership team as you establish, maintain, and drive visual effects quality into the next generation of immersive gameplay and cinematic experiences. Come and be a part of the excitement and energy as you help our high-caliber environment art team daily to deliver greatness.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Share your deep passion and knowledge of crafting mind-blowing real-time high quality particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
• Set quality and performance standards and define clear milestones, action plans, and schedules.
• Collaborate regularly with other departments to ensure VFX reinforces and augments gameplay, immersion, and project objectives.
• Work with tool engineers and tech art teams to create new VFX pipelines and processes that improve efficiency and results.
• Guide, mentor, and develop a team of artists that thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism; Elevate and guide them through career goals, challenges, and opportunities.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Minimum of 7 years of game industry experience developing art for AAA games.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a 4 year college or university and/or 7+ years related experience and/or training in AAA video games or film or equivalent.
• Highly skilled in all areas of 3D VFX principals and techniques and can quickly learn and master new tools, processes, and pipelines.
• Experience leading a team of creatives through the many facets of game development with a strong ability to schedule out a team project from start to finish.
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines (Unreal4, Radiant, Unity, etc), editors, tools, pipelines, memory constraints, and development processes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Displays self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and can work proactively and independently.
• Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of visual effects and process.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, scripting, animation, or lighting.
• Experience creating VFX shaders.
• Experience and comfort in Unreal and/or PopcornFX.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.