The Lead UI/UX Designer role requires outstanding technical knowledge of the processes and tools for designing and creating in-game UI design and art, experience directing and coordinating with others in the creation of all types of UI/UX deliverables.
You will be responsible for the execution of user experience design, flow, from wireframe concepts or prototypes, to implementation of concepts and asset creation for engineering-using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, and/or After Effects. Experience in additional UI/UX prototyping tools or platforms is a bonus.
This role will report to the UI Director, and will be expected to lead a group of UI/UX designers and artists, collaborating with other leads, engineers and gameplay designers to create systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be an exceptionally creative problem solver, a good communicator, positive team member and one who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games with an intuitive UI for the user.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead UI/UX design development across projects and features
• Drive design processes within the department, and in coordination with external stakeholders
• Work with other leads, designers, departments, and collaborating studios, to organize and define functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
• Develop, drive, and communicate the vision for UI/UX concepts within the team and across the organization
• Create & Implement UX design and UI art within defined look & feel.
• Develop, direct, and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
• Provide direction and feedback on art and design work in a constructive manner.
• Use in-house tools as appropriate and guide improvement of the team's pipelines and toolset.
• Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks for one's own work, and the team, to meet deadlines.
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design from a 4 year program or equivalent level of UI design experience required.
• Five to seven years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
• Experience managing, leading, or directing other designers and artists
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2246y-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.