Welcome to Activision Mobile. We're a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world.
Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we're looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We're incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
As a Lead UI Artist you will demonstrate outstanding technical knowledge of the process and practice of creating in-game UI artwork for Mobile Games. You can conceptualize the tone, style, and direction of key visual elements-from unique assets and iconography-to larger thematic art styles that drive the over-arching art direction, and ultimately serves the desired UX language. You are comfortable with the execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering-using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or After Effects. Experience with 3D tools, 3D asset pipelines, and capturing in-game content is a bonus.
This role will report to the Executive Producer and will be expected to lead a team of UI artists, to create intuitive systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be a creative problem solver, good communicator and presenter of UI/UX work, and enthusiastic collaborator who revels in working with a passionate team, across multiple disciplines.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Exercise an intense understanding of games industry, interactive media art styles and aesthetics.
• Lead the overall UI art styles and creative direction(s) through your work.
• Create and implement UI artwork within defined look & feel.
• Conceptualize, develop, present, and execute ideas on schedule.
• Iterate on art and design concepts based on feedback.
• Actively participate in artistic, design, and technical problem solving.
• Work to achieve consistency in art style and quality of one's own work.
• Contribute to group peer reviews and feedback in a constructive manner.
• Possess a strong graphic design background and/or understanding of design principles.
• Demonstrate understanding of the game's branding, design, functionality, and technical requirements
• Use in-house tools as appropriate and provide feedback to improve our toolset and pipelines.
• Troubleshoot, seek solutions, and ask questions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Have a passion for games and interactive media.
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design or illustration from a 4 year program or equivalent level of professional experience required.
• 5+ years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
• Strong communication skills to present visuals, concepts and ideas.
• Proficiency with commercial-quality art tools (e.g., Photoshop, Max/Maya, etc.).
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry's best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We're looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We're highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got you covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71w8p-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.