Job Title:Lead Lighting Artist
Raven Software, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the Call of Duty franchise, Singularity, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Wolfenstein is seeking a Lead Lighting Artist to join our talented team as we continue to develop the best game experiences in the industry. This position will play a key role in the creative design of the next- generation of first-person shooters (FPS).
This spot can be yours if you have proven experience creating AAA lighting, managing a lighting team, excellent leadership and communication skills, a strong visual aesthetic, and an extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games.
The Lead Lighting Artist is responsible for managing a dedicated team of lighting artists, and providing the direction and resources needed to execute on the Creative Director's vision. This position will also be expected to lead-by-example to implement final lighting in game levels, and collaborate with a variety of directors, designers, VFX, and environment artists.
• The Lead Lighting Artist is responsible for overseeing lighting artists' career plans, and providing the growth opportunities needed to improve their technical and professional skills.
• The Lead Lighting Artist will collaborate with art and light directors, producers and other development partners to define project goals, action plans, and development team schedules. This position will aid in any additional lighting related needs for Call of Duty with a variety of applications to the product.
• The Lead Lighting Artist has a strong eye for visual quality, composition, color theory, and CGI technical expertise, and are expected to routinely work shoulder-to-shoulder with the lighting team.
• 7+ years of AAA experience in a Lead or Senior lighting role
• Strong affinity for CGI lighting techniques, color theory, and post-process effects
• Strong affinity for leadership and team management
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Excellent understanding of game engines, tools, and development processes
• A functional understanding of Call of Duty gameplay and the ability to play test
• Knowledge of forward or deferred renderers, or 32-bit HDR pipeline development is preferred
• A strong personal portfolio showcasing lighting techniques
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.