Digital Legends is an Activision independent Studio based in Barcelona, formed by industry veterans and emerging talent who are focused on delivering a AAA gaming experience to mobile devices. Since it was founded in 2001, the studio has been a pioneer in mobile game development. It has a long, established history as a leading mobile development studio with a number of high-quality mobile titles built from the ground-up to its credits, including the award winning The Respawnables™ series of games. We are creating an all-new, AAA mobile experience that will bring the thrilling, fluid and large-scale action of Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile to players on the go.
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Engineer the manage the gameplay programming department working on a new project. This position reports to the studio CTO, and it is responsible for the day-to-day managing of tasks, guiding feature implementation as well as the general wellbeing and growth of the department. The ideal candidate has a general understanding of the different areas within gameplay programming and has experience mentoring and organizing people.
If you want to become part of a roster of world-class mobile development, in a super cool environment, keep reading!
• Define systems architecture and guide code implementation, ensuring good programming practices are followed.
• Ensure the delivery of practical solutions keeping the task objective in mind, avoiding unnecessary overcomplex systems.
• Balance active code development with the responsibilities of a discipline lead.
• Work with production to define schedules and deliver high quality work according to that schedule.
• Mentor programmers, guide task implementation and organise day-to-day work in the department.
• Track the gameplay programmers' performance and needs and help them grow professionally.
• Incentivise knowledge sharing across the department.
• Strong knowledge of C++ programming language.
• Experience with leading and managing a team of gameplay programmers.
• Ability to review and give feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner.
• Working level of English, written and spoken.
• Organised and empathetic.
It's always a plus:
• Experience in shooters, mobile game development and/or AAA games
What we offer:
• Competitive salary based on your experience.
• A wide range of perks such as private health and dental insurance, ticket restaurant, wellbeing voucher, 25 days + xmas period holidays and more.
• And a great team of super skilled individuals that can help you grow as a professional.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyvoe-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.