Job Title:Lead Facial Animator
As a Lead Facial Animator, you will be responsible for leading a team in creating highly realistic facial animations, working alongside the Motion Capture Team and core departments to establish, maintaining, and drive the facial animation quality as we move into the next generation for both in-game and game development cinematics.
You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, good visual aesthetic, and with a deep passion for playing videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games is essential to this role.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead the Facial Animation Development team in creating the next generation in high quality facial animations
• Work with the Motion Capture and Performance Direction Team to drive the facial capture process
• Collaborate with character and rigging departments to help develop facial and head design guidelines and rigs that meet the development expectations
• Work with the core department to help create and evaluate new tools that would expedite the facial animation process
• Stay informed about the latest facial process developments, technology and techniques that will continue to push the bar
• Mentor and develop entry level animators to ensure consistency and quality are met
• Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and/or seven plus years related experience and/or training in AAA video games or film or equivalent
• Highly skilled in all areas of 3D animation principals and techniques
• Good knowledge and understanding in human facial anatomy
• In-depth knowledge of FACS, Blend Shapes and basic rigging methodologies.
• Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
• Experience with facial motion capture and directing process – Faceware preferred
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
• Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
• Absolute passion for playing and making the industry's best videogames
• Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of facial animation and motion capture.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.