Technical Rigging Animator
Job Title:Lead AI Animator
As a Lead AI Animator, you will have a strong passion for creating both realistic and stylized animations and will work alongside experienced Raven artists and Motion Capture team to produce content for high profile AAA games.
You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from the taking of an initial concept through to providing high-level feedback. You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, a good visual aesthetic, and with a deep passion for playing videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games is a huge plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to work and be part of a highly talented team of proven developers who are passionate about making games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Experience in creating high quality key frame and motion capture animations for AAA developments
• Work with Gameplay Director and Engineers to create gameplay animations, gameplay systems and mechanics
• Work with the Motion Capture team to direct talent to capture the highest levels of performances for AI and gameplay animations
• Produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team
• Collaborate with team to ensure project goals are met and delivered to the highest levels
• Assist in troubleshooting Animation and technical issues
• Work with the technical animation team contributing and providing feedback to developing efficient tools and pipelines
• Be part of the leadership team supporting and mentor junior level Animators
• Minimum Requirements:
• Solid First-Person Animation skills with excellent awareness for timing, weight and posing.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and/or seven plus years related experience and/or training in AAA video games or film or equivalent
• Experience working within animation state machines (ASM) and animation systems such as blendtrees to create AI animations
• Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
• Communicate and collaborate effectively, driving discussions and visions with other disciplines and departments
• Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
• Absolute passion for playing and making the industry's best videogames
• Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of keyframe and motion capture animation works.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.