Sr Game Designer, Mobile
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Mobile is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focused on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other.
We're changing the mobile game and looking for talent with mobile and/or PC and Console backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do. Our first project is a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise, and we invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Lead 3D Artist for a new mobile title. In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Concept, model, and texture a diverse range of highly creative 3D art assets that push the possibilities of what a FPS on mobile can achieve.
• Work closely with Engineering and Technical Artists developing pipelines to convert AAA assets and deliver performant assets on mobile.
• Author final art content for this game.
• Help interview and staff the art team with highly talented artists who bring unrivaled and valuable new perspectives to the team and company.
• Help establish and maintain the technical requirements for authoring art and content for mobile platform.
• You will partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop inspiring art visions for this new mobile experience.
• You have a broad understanding of how 2D and 3D art including tech art, modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, and FX chip in to the overall art vision of a game.
• You know how to author production-ready game art and specialize in modeling and texturing, and know enough about animation and FX.
• You're a strong leader who has hired exceptionally talented artists and helped them learn and grow through constructive art feedback and coaching.
• You have the technical aptitude to learn new tools and establish new art pipelines as needed to get things done.
• You love to collaborate but you can be highly independent when needed. Creating epic experience is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working together, especially on this small and nimble team.
• You geek out about being able to communicate with artists, engineers, and designers.
• You love video games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and taking them to the next level through your creations.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in game development using tools like Maya and Adobe® Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
• You've shipped at least one as an art lead or art director where you helped oversee the quality, scheduling, and implementation of a large portion of the art.
• Avid player of mobile games
• A real passion for gameplay and design discussion
COVID-19 Hiring Update: While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.