As a Language Services Assistant Manager you will serve as part of the leadership team for the Language Services department.
You will work closely with the the Language Services Manager, supported by the ATVI Localisation Leadership team, guiding the development of Language Services department. Additionally supporting the Language Services Manager to integrate the new team of marketing localisation experts by helping to design the framework within which the team will work.
As a member of the department's leadership team, you will be a champion in maintaining internal and external client relations and inspire the team through peer influence and example-setting.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Mentoring, coaching and supporting the supervision of Language Specialists.
• Serve as an expert in terms of technical issues and best practices.
• Oversee day-to-day translation operations including project and title assignment, quality assessment and control.
• Contribute significantly to the development and implemention of new, efficient and innovative translation workflows.
• Develop systems to allow tracking of multiple projects, facilitating decision making.
• Assist in Resource and Workload planning.
• Provide Daily/Weekly/Monthly KPI reports
• Participate in the interview and performance review process for members of the Language Services team.
• Working with the Language Services Manager, collaborate with content owners to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
• Collaborate and commincate with cross-departmental or cross-group stakeholders to promote and deliver efficient work practices.
• Able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines; organized, detail-oriented and friendly
• Must be able to apply knowledge, experience, and learnings to real situations to help solve problems and create new solutions.
• Strong knowledge of localisation tools, especially CAT and workflow tools.
• Experience in defining and implementing translation workflow processes.
• Experience in the Translation industry required; preferably games translation.
• experience with audio recording or localisation QA is desirable.
• Some people management experience.
• BA or equivalent in a similar field such as translation, linguistics, communications etc.
• A proven track record of internal and external stakeholder relationship management, leading to success.
• Experience with marketing practices, project management and/or creative media.
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71q68-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.