Lead UX Designer
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to contribute to the photogrammetric capture, development, and delivery of high-quality models and texture for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You will work alongside and train with experienced photogrammetry artists, learn best practices, and craft high quality, performant art content for game levels. This entry-level position is the perfect opportunity to develop your artistic and technical skills, improve your portfolio, and contribute to captivating environments that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion and knowledge of photogrammetry and realistic items and settings.
• Work closely with your Lead to meet training expectations, execute high-level art direction, and contribute scanned, processed, and perfected visual content for world-class player experiences.
• Participate in in-field capture trips and operate capture equipment.
• Thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
• Proactively increase your knowledge of new tools, processes, and pipeline best practices.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Proven ability to create PBR art assets with photogrammetry pipeline packages (Reality Capture, Maya, and/or Zbrush) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Passionate and egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Familiar with photogrammetry techniques, cameras, lighting, and capturing process.
• Basic understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines, memory constraints, and development processes.
• Good communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Recent portfolio demonstrating compelling and realistic environments using photogrammetry-generated 2D/3D assets; ideally also demonstrating isolated content examples.
• Field work requires ability to lift at least 50 lbs., walking, kneeling, and hiking.
• Proven ability to read and script tools using Python or C#.
• Familiarity with procedural content creation.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds.
Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d937j7-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.