Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
We are looking for a Junior Fullstack Engineer and you'll be joining our Products Department at Demonware, based out of our Dublin office. You'll work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. Your job will involve planning, designing, and implementing new tooling to manage and visualise our player experience and online services that handle millions of concurrently connected users. The Products department collaborates with stakeholders all across ATVI both in game studios and business groups.
If you're excited about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
• Developing frontend solution to help manage our backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of players all around the world
• Own, operate and support the services and features you develop
• Working as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer player experiences
• Working with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features
• When necessary, travel to game studios to provide on-site design and integration support
• Providing technical mentorship to other team members through software engineering best practices
• Expertise in React, Redux,
• Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
• Experience with Frontend technologies including React, Redux or similar
• Understanding of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP, security and scalability
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Good communication and customer facing skills
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6njk8-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.