Job Title:Junior Animator
As a Junior Animator you will have a great understanding and a strong passion for creating both realistic and stylized animations. In this role you will be working alongside experienced Raven artists and the Motion Capture team to produce content for high profile games. You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from the taking of initial concepts through to providing high-level feedback.
You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, good visual aesthetic, and with a deep passion for playing videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games is very beneficial to this role.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Experience in creating high quality key frame and motion capture animations
• Create world-class First-Person animation for weapons, gadgets, player world interactions
• Work with engineers to develop gameplay animation system and mechanics
• Produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team
• Assist in troubleshooting Animation and technical issues.
• Collaborate with team to ensure project goals are met and delivered to the highest levels
• Work with the Motion Capture team to direct talent to capture the highest levels of performances
• Expected to give advice and mentor entry level Animators
• Minimum Requirements:
• Skilled in various areas of 3D animation and principals
• Solid First-Person Animation skills with excellent awareness for timing, weight and composition.
• Good knowledge and understanding in real world weapons and military warfare.
• At least 1 year of experience with animation in the video game industry
• Shipped at least one multi-platform AAA game title
• Proficient in Maya, Max, and/or Motionbuilder
• Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
• Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
• Absolute passion for playing and making the industry's best videogames
• Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of keyframe and motion capture animation works.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.