Jr. Network Programmer
Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming, and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision Central Tech is seeking talented junior programmers to join its 2-year rotational engineering program within its online services teams. This is a rare West Coast opportunity to develop cutting edge games technology, learn the next-gen consoles inside and out, and to work on leading AAA online titles with top developers like Sledgehammer, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Raven Software.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be placed in a role in one of our Activision studios based on employee interest and business need.
Successful candidates will demonstrate superior programming and problem-solving skills and will be self-motivated and reliable.
• Program includes at least 3 rotations, generally 8 months each
• Rotations mapped to product launches/updates, business needs, and employee interest
• Targeted training and development opportunities, including mentorship
• Opportunity to gain exposure to multiple Activision Central Tech Online teams by rotating through the following functions:
• Security/Threat Intelligence
• Multiplayer Infrastructure Management
• Game Title Support
• Online Tools
• Call of Duty Mobile
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
• Working knowledge of C++
• Experience with network programming (TCP, UDP, security, NAT, etc.), client/server architecture, database development experience
• Practical facility in a language such as LUA, Python or Java is helpful
• Own, operate and support the services and features you develop
• Implementing features deep within game-specific engines
• Troubleshoot online and multiplayer features
• Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development
Please include the link to your code samples along with your resume.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.