Job Title:Jr. Designer
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate Junior Designer to join our team as we continue developing the best game experiences in the industry.
This is an entry-level, temporary position.
Ideal candidates are an excellent and persuasive communicator, have experience with first-person shooter (FPS) games, fierce skills in competitive FPS games, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, a good visual aesthetic, solid scripting ability, strong sense of special design, extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
This role will work alongside experienced Raven Designers to complete content for our high-profile games. All Designers work on in-game content. This is a great opportunity to further develop skills, help the team, and improve your portfolio and see your work on the market.
• Work closely with Senior Designers to deliver world-class gameplay experiences
• Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience
• Implement the team's vision for the game levels
• Play builds of games in-progress and provide prioritized, constructive feedback
• Work with teams throughout development to help create levels that meet team expectations
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Practical understanding of the design process including level design, weapons, AI, controls, UI, etc.
• Functional command of a commercial 3D level editor (Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, UnityEd, etc.)
• Working knowledge of GSC, C++, C#, Lua, or another scripting language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must work creatively in a demanding technical environment
• Can quickly learn and master new tools and implementation techniques
• Absolute passion for playing and making the industry's best videogames
• We use Radiant, so having previous experience with it is a big plus.
• We use GSC for scripting, so knowing it is another big plus
• Shipped game experience
• Experience in another game development discipline (Art, Engineering, Animation, UI, Sound, etc.)
• Mod community experience
• Film industry experience
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Cover Letter which includes:
• What excites you about working for Raven Software
• What abilities or skills make you stand out against all the other applicants
• Give specific, real-world examples of where you meet each job requirement
• Focus on relevant experience to the position you are applying for
• Demonstrate your track record of conceiving and implementing excellent gameplay
• If you have a portfolio, showing off finished work is highly recommended
* Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
** Depending on previous experience, you may be required to complete a Design Test.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.