Due to COVID-19, this role will likely start on a work-from-home basis until the office reopens.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
The Activision Blizzard Internal Audit group is a global function with teams in North America and Europe, responsible for business process and IT audits, data analytics, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance across all Activision Blizzard entities, including King.
The International Internal Audit Manager role is based at the Soho office in London and will primarily be responsible for leading and executing finance and business process operational audits, and acting as a business partner and advisor on risks and controls. The role also involves overseeing and performing testing of SOX key controls, and working collaboratively with the IT and data analytics team to drive increased use of analytics and automation.
While the primary responsibilities cover Activision Blizzard's International operations in Europe and Asia Pacific, the Internal Audit group is highly integrated and often works collaboratively on global and cross-regional (including North American) projects.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Assist team leadership in performing the annual internal audit risk assessment and developing the annual audit plan, aligning the plan to the company's key risks and strategic initiatives.
• Plan, supervise and conduct end-to-end operational audits (finance and business process), as well as the annual SOX program. Typical activities include preparing and monitoring budget and staffing, conducting walkthroughs, assessing the design and effectiveness of controls, and communicating results/findings to team leadership and key business stakeholders.
• Perform project-based risk assessment and analysis of transaction data to identify process/control weaknesses and inform audit approach and testing.
• Identify control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities, and partner with management to develop pragmatic solutions to issues.
• Prepare high-quality audit workpapers and reports to communicate observations.
• Follow-up on the implementation of management's action plans, providing ongoing support to assist management with timely and effective remediation.
• Manage, coach, mentor and continuously support junior team members.
• Partner with key stakeholders to provide guidance and assurance on key company initiatives and critical change activities, including process and control changes, change projects, system implementations, accounting policy changes, and regulatory and compliance changes.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships within the Internal Audit team (NA, IT & Data Analytics), with external audit and the wider business.
• Identify development opportunities and drive positive changes within Internal Audit to improve audit efficiency, effectiveness and add value.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of internal audit, accounting and gaming industry trends, facilitate knowledge sharing within the team, and incorporate into day-to-day delivery.
• Role may include travel within EMEA, APAC & NA where needed, but likely to be fairly low (10%) given the ability to audit remotely
• 5+ years of professional working experience, at least part of which is within internal audit.
• Demonstrable and relevant hands-on managerial experience from either Big 4 and/or reputable public companies, with solid knowledge of risk assessment, internal controls, financial and operational processes, and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
• Extensive experience in independently planning and delivering risk assessment and operational audit projects end-to-end.
Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
• ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
• Strong presence and communication skills, with the ability to adapt to the audience across all levels of the organization and challenge stakeholders with confidence and gravitas where necessary.
• A dependable and effective manager who leads by example, demonstrates strong personal credibility and integrity, and effectively manages and mentors a team to achieve personal and team objectives.
• Able to build robust, collaborative partnerships with stakeholders to become a key point of contact for risk and control advice within the business.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented. Must be capable of working on multiple projects with minimal supervision, managing junior resources effectively, and consistently delivering high quality work by agreed deadlines.
• Demonstrates solid business and financial acumen and is able to think critically and methodically about problems and recommend pragmatic, value adding solutions.
• Demonstrate curiosity and embrace opportunities for professional development to increase technical capabilities.
• Experience in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of SOX controls preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience in the use of data analytics for audit (e.g. ACL/IDEA, Microsoft Access Database, advanced Excel Pivoting) strongly preferred. Able to quickly grasp new ideas and technical concepts to help drive the team's focus on automation.
• An understanding and passion for the gaming industry is a plus but is not essential.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ywpm-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.