Software Engineer - Central Technology
Santa Monica, CA
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Graphics Engineer to join the Mobile Team to work on a new mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As a Graphics Engineer you will architect, refactor, optimize and maintain the rendering pipeline for our Mobile platforms. This also involves adjusting and optimizing our graphical tool-chain for Mobile. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with a global team.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring our rendering pipeline are highly efficient on a range of Mobile devices and can scale accordingly. Improvements, refactoring and optimizations will be implemented by you with guidance from the Technical Director. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
You report in to a (Technical) Development Director and will be guided by the Technical Director, Mobile, who you will work with to ensure implementation aligns with strategy and priorities.
• Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
• Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for artists
• Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution with a Mobile Rendering focus
• Responsible for performance of rendering pipeline on Mobile devices which includes supporting tools to report status and progress
• Communicate with other departments within the team and Activision global community to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
• Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
• 3+ years programming experience
• Contributed on at least one Mobile title as a graphics engineer using Metal or Vulkan as primary rendering pipeline
• Advanced understanding of C / C++ and HLSL
• An ability to operate within a large, constantly evolving C++ codebase
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on multi-platform projects
• Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
• Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
• Excellent communications skills
• Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
• Passion for video games, especially FPS games
• Knowledge of computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection, network programming
• Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
• Experience of working in cross- or remote-studio environment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.