Job Title:Gameplay UI Engineer
As a Gameplay UI Engineer you will develop cutting-edge user interfaces that connect our gameplay to our audience. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes the UI of our upcoming Call of Duty titles.
As a Gameplay UI Engineer you will be developing the user interface for many different aspects of the game. You will need to be proficient in writing software in LUA script and C/C++ code. Qualified candidates will need to have a background in the engineering of human graphical interfaces, an understanding of the console game user experience, and a passion for engaging gameplay.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++
• Deploy, optimize, and test UI software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
• Document software and features for internal and external teams
• Participate in the code review process
• Report to the Lead Gameplay UI Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• Proven experience working with commercial, web or game user interfaces
• Ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
• Passion for games
• Aptitude for UX design
• Proficiency with UI design tools
• Familiarity with Lua programming
• Experience with console development
• Shipped a game title
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.