Reporting To: QA Manager
Department: QA & Localization
Location: East Point, Dublin, Ireland
Activision Dublin is currently recruiting for Traditional Chinese Localisation QA Testers.
All positions fixed term, full time hours. Contract duration may vary with an opportunity for extension.
This is a phenomenal time to Activision. Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favourite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together.
Activision is more than just the top tier developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Spyro.
Localisation Dublin was established in 2007 and is located 2.3km from Dublin City Centre in East Point Business Park. As a team we handle the Project Management and Quality Assurance of our phenomenal games from English to 14 different languages globally. Our purpose is to ensure that the localised version of a game meets the highest quality standards before being released. At our location you can expect to work with colleagues from all across the world.
• Test each project assigned to identify localisation and functional bugs.
• Review language components (e.g. Text & Audio files) before integration.
• Identify and detail defects in a clear and concise manner using the designated bug tracking database
• Complete regression/verification testing daily.
• Provide ad-hoc translations.
• Other duties assigned as the need arises
Knowledge & Skills
• Fluent or Bilingual language skills in Traditional Chinese
• Good level of written and spoken English
• Enjoy playing video games on a variety of platforms including PC, Console and Mobile
• Previous experience in QA or a linguistic role is a plus – but not required as you will get full training
• Second level education (High School) or equivalent is required
• Third level education in languages a distinct advantage
• Adaptability & Flexibility
• Eagerness to Learn
• Analytical Skills
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmjz9x-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.