Senior Data Scientist
Job Title:Expert Software Engineer, Analytics
Job Title: Expert Software Engineer, Analytics
Reporting To: Technical Senior Manager, Central Tech
Department: Central Tech
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Activision's Demonware Analytics Products team is seeking an Expert Software Engineer, Analytics with experience building web data infrastructure and performing statistical analysis on in-game features. This role will work on a team developing the next generation of data-driven game experiences covering everything from the in-game economy to player personalization to game content recommendation systems.
• Analyze massive data sets to optimize game engineering workflows
• Collaborate with the team to deliver complex analytics to our portfolio of games with an easy-to-understand UI
• Partner with game studios to identify and troubleshoot engineering bottlenecks
• Develop web tools for extracting, analyzing, and presenting game data
• Build and deploy back-end web architecture
• Demonstrated proficiency with game and web scripting languages
• Solid experience working with Big Data technologies (Spark, Presto, SQL)
• Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases (SQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch)
• Experience working with virtualized/containerized environments (EC2, EKS, Docker) in a production environment
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Flexibility and adaptability required
• BA/BS degree in a technical field (computer science, math, physics)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.