Our engineering team in Toronto is growing! We're looking for an experienced Core engineer to support our continued growth. If you've worked closely with low-level and hardware programming, we'd like to speak with you!
Core engineers architect, refactor, and maintain a variety of game and low-level systems. A core generalist will be flexible and comfortable jumping into a variety of subject areas including networking, physics, AI, UI, memory management, rendering, and more.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Architecting, refactoring and maintaining game and low-level engine systems.
• Designing, writing, debugging and refining core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
• Contributing extensively to the core engine
• 5-8 years programming experience.
• Proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
• Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on modern game consoles.
• Contributed extensively to the development of at least three shipped console games.
We are situated in the San Francisco Bay Area; Melbourne, Australia; Toronto, Canada; and Guildford, UK. Across our four locations, we strive to be the most inclusive and encouraging game studio we can be.
We are very passionate about working together to make incredible AAA games for our players to enjoy and connect with. We're the studio behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. With elite audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry.
The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We truly believe in supporting our dedicated employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker. We think it's important to be constantly evolving, innovating, and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for passionate game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0eyym-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.