As an Environment Artist, you will have a direct hand in developing and directing a team of high-caliber artists as they craft unforgettable environments for a game played by millions. As a dedicated team leader, you will play a critical role as part of the project leadership team, being responsible for art development for entire game levels and epic visual content for in-game events. Come and be a part of the excitement and energy as you help our high-caliber environment art team daily to deliver greatness.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Share your deep passion and knowledge of creating immersive environments and your drive for empowering efficient, adaptable, and talented art teams.
• Guide a team of artists in the development of AAA content holding to quality and performance standards and provide them with clear milestones, action plans, and scheduling.
• Own the art development for entire game maps from start to finish, collaborating daily with other departments to ensure art contributions support gameplay, setting, and story objectives.
• Empower a team that thrives on open and welcome constructive criticism; Provide consistent managerial feedback to help guide them through career goals, challenges, and opportunities.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• 2+ years of game industry experience developing art for AAA games.
• Experience leading a team of creatives through the many facets of game development with a strong ability to schedule out a team project from start to finish.
• Proven understanding and experience in creating art assets in a major 3d and 2d packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines (Unreal4, Radiant, Unity, etc), editors, tools, pipelines, memory constraints, and development processes.
• Strong collaborator and empathic mentor with proven experience guiding team members through career challenges and opportunities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Displays self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and can work proactively and independently.
• Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current gen 2d/3d asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
• Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise
• Strong traditional art foundation
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.