Would you be excited about managing teams that build reliable and scalable online services and features, to be used by millions of players all around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run studio of Activision. We develop and operate every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders. Our services impact over half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you're excited about working with game studios, large scale systems and online multiplayer technology in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
We are looking for a candidate to successfully manage a team of engineers in our Game Services Department. Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible. Meaning you will have a large impact on the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
Awesome, what will my ''day-to-day'' look like?
You will work side by side with game studios at Activision, like Infinity Ward, Raven, Treyarch and Highmoon to make radical game designs a reality at massive scale. You will guide and facilitate design and decision making around Demonware's online services and tech stack. You will collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and studios' requirements. You will organize and coordinate team members to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware.
Your actions will engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers. Along with collaboration with HR and Recruitment on various people and recruitment needs. You will support the triage of issues and challenges as they arise, and ensure they are resolved through brilliant customer service.
What's in it for me?
Relocation support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, free games, flexible working practices, pension, top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents. To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
What would you like to see in my background?
• 2+ years of experience in a similar leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience will be considered)
• Experience ensuring the software produced by your team achieves the quality bar expected
• Experience ensuring your team's software development process works effectively and supports the pace and needs of the project
• Interest in managing and growing a team of engineers
• Interest in analyzing requirements and making corresponding design decisions
• Expertise in effective project management processes, software development methodologies, and their application
• Interest to own the day-to-day fundamentals of engineering projects with minimal supervision
• Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
• Experience with problems of large scale, and handling millions of connections
• Experience in Python, MySQL or Cassandra
• Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox, and Playstation
• Interest in large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6w1q-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.