Wow Senior Brand Manager
London, United Kingdom
The Engagement Data Analyst will work closely with BI, the Consumer Analytics team in the HQ in Santa Monica / Irvine and our local teams in territories to create reporting and analysis by territory on the engagement of our games and their monetisaton.
As Activision Blizzard looks towards the next step in analytics and insights, there is a large opportunity to help drive concise KPIs and deep analysis of in-game events and activities. Your undertaking includes:
• Generate, update and maintain dashboards that can be used to drillbdown by country.
• Develop requirements for, and monitoring of, intuitive dashboards while automating the recurring needs and requests.
• Providing player insights to European Leadership Team (ELT) by territory in support of Live Services and Mainline (proactively & reactively).
• Function as an expert on business metrics, player & behavioral insights for the organization.
• Communicate franchise health on a broad suite of CoD titles through regular reporting.
• Develop new analyses outside of regular reporting that will inform the business how to further drive player acquisition, engagement, monetization, and churn mitigation.
• Work collaboratively with our data science and innovation teams to ensure best practices and knowledge sharing occurs.
Your First Year:
The launch of any expansion / new title will be the highlight of the year and for that date, we will need you to ensure all relevant data are available by country, territory and region for analysis.
In that time you will need to get a strong understanding of our Live Ops model and which KPIs are important to follow on a territory level.
Keeping strong ties with the Analytics team in Santa Monica and Irvine will be essential to ensure best practices are followed
As your experience and understanding grows you will be a key contributor to the team meetings and will help the business to get a deep understanding of the key Engagement KPIs. Increased knowledge will allow you to cast a critical eye on reporting and add value to variance analysis with insightful commentary.
We have a tremendous amount of data on how gamers play our games. We need, however, an analytics expert who has the passion, experience, skills and ability to turn that data into action – all driving towards increasing gamer fun. Your background includes:
• Gaming background with knowledge of industry standard monetization systems and methods.
• 5+ years experience in database mining with at least 20TB datasets.
• 3+ years experience in data lake exploration with at least 1PB of data.
• Demonstrated ability to drive significant business lift through analysis / modeling.
• Gameplay analysis experience, with a solid understanding of the connection of gameplay to spending behavior.
• Skilled at being able to derive the narrative from the data and tell convincing stories.
• Strong technical skills with SQL (Spark) and advanced knowledge of analytics tools, such as Databricks and Tableau
• Experience with Python or R is a plus
• Strong presentation skills using PowerPoint, Excel and Tableau Dashboards.
• Process-oriented driving toward visibility, accountability, and communication.
• Team-oriented, ability to build long lasting relationships effectively.
• Successful communicator and regular presenter to Executive Leadership.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Activision's Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkb85-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.