Associate Live Ops Specialist, Mobile
Santa Monica, CA
As the Director of Product for Call of Duty: Mobile, you will manage the product team for one of the largest live service games in the world. In total the Product team here at Activision has over 15 people spread across three teams:
• The Feature Roadmap team ideates new in-game features, gameplay, and technology initiatives
• The Live Ops team plans and executes a calendar of engagement events and monetization offers, and works closely with the Content team to map out epic new monthly Seasons
• The Performance team understands deeply what's going on in the game, prioritizes A/B tests, plans lifecycle campaigns, and generally helps shape upcoming strategy across all our teams
More than anything, we are looking for a product leader who wants to make the team his or her main focus. Our ideal product director wants to grow and improve the talent we have, and who is eager to build frameworks, development plans, and processes that will make the output of the product team better, rather than one who is most interested in personally speccing out the next big feature bet.
As the Director of Product, you will be responsible for:
• Evaluating and helping shape quarterly strategies for each of Call of Duty Mobile's Product Live Ops, Roadmap, Performance and Content teams with an eye to the targets we want to exceed. Product at Activision is about the what and the why; help ensure these questions we've answered honestly and intelligently and on time.
• Ensuring smooth and consistent execution of each of the teams described above; players expect a very high bar for our game and we need to ensure we continue to meet these expectations
• Creating standardized frameworks around Live Ops event/sale iterations and New Features to ensure each big bet we make has a well-reasoned hypothesis, financial forecast, and clear user-level success criteria, and that we follow up post launch to re-evaluate how we did
• Identifying and creating tailored growth plans for talent on the product team
• Working with leads across Production, Marketing, Content, Design, Analytics, and Engineering to make sure each monthly Season and each bimonthly Client Update is compelling for players
• 8 years of product management in mobile gaming industry with experience building features & roadmaps, understanding live game performance, and running complex live ops
• Proven ability to manage up and down across the organization with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal & written communication abilities
• A deep desire to improve outcomes by improving people, building frameworks, and working with production to ensure we have the right processes
• A love of shooters is a strong plus!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.