We're looking for a Counsel to join Activision Blizzard! Working with our Legal team and reporting to the Director, Legal, you'll provide strategic advice and legal counsel regarding privacy, data protection and related issues. Working from our Santa Monica, CA headquarters, you will partner closely with other attorneys and cross-functional partners and colleagues, and support the global privacy function, with a specific focus on North America privacy matters. Responsibilities will grow over time and include multiple growth opportunities, but initially this role will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
• Collaborate with and provide counseling, advice, and day-to-day support for cross-functional teams and stakeholders on a variety of products and services including, without limitation, mobile, console and PC games teams, shared and central technology, and marketing and advertising teams to ensure privacy compliance.
• Partner with cross-functional teams, to provide strategic, business-oriented privacy law guidance for successful execution of company initiatives and lead global privacy and compliance projects for different parts of the business.
• Draft and revise privacy documentation and agreements (including data protection agreements, standard contractual clauses, privacy terms in commercial agreements, and company policies), as well as other agreements, to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Stay up-to-date on changes in laws, regulations and guidelines across North America that may impact the company, including the design, development and marketing of our products and services.
• Collaborate with the global privacy team to generate, update, and implement training on privacy and data protection law topics, and manage the company's network of privacy champions.
• Be an escalation point for Customer Support when responding to customers queries related to privacy.
• Help enhance the privacy team's processes, efficiency, compliance framework and best practices.
• Provide general support to the legal team, including research and analyze for a variety of privacy and legal matters; administer contracts and draft some professional services agreements for the legal team; and provide support on an ''as needed'' basis to other members of the legal team and/or in relation to ad hoc projects.
• J.D. from a nationally recognized law school.
• Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred).
• 2+ years of experience practicing privacy and data protection law.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication.
• High level of organizational and project management skills necessary to effectively support and advise clients across all business units
• Excellent research and drafting skills
• Analytical skills with demonstrated strategic thinking and risk analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Great business judgment with a commitment to teamwork, integrity, and collegiality.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
• Flexible and willing to approach legal challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Prior law firm experience and/or in-house experience at a US multinational company highly preferred.
• CIPP accreditation (or similar data protection practitioner qualifications) strongly preferred.
• Prior experience advising on mobile and esports privacy matters a plus.
• Knowledge of OneTrust software a plus.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r796j9-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.