Audience Architect, Marketing Analytics & Audience Development
Santa Monica, CA
As an Associate Consumer Marketing Manager - Call of Duty Live Ops, you will assist in managing the communication strategy, creative process and production/execution of all marketing materials for the assigned brand. You will partner directly with the Manager/Director of Consumer Marketing and other cross functional teams to ensure all product strategies, brand and company objectives are met in all consumer facing marketing assets. You will oversee day-to-day management of external and internal creative partners and help manage the approval process of all creative materials within Activision headquarters and with the game development team.
The right candidate must have the ability to think ahead, work independently, but also contribute cross-functionally to benefit the business, drive go-to-market plans and have the confidence to speak up and lead. While impeccable project management skills sit at the core of this role, this individual will also need to contribute at the strategic level with a data-driven approach to drive all marketing initiatives, interface with our development partners and lead agency partners.
A passion for video games is a mandate, and experience with innovative marketing programs and brands that do this as well. Video game category experience is great too (although not mandatory).
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Assist the Manager/Director of Consumer Marketing in the managing of global marketing plans, creative executions and production process of all communication vehicles for Call of Duty Live Ops, including but not limited to: TV and digital advertising, out-of-home, gameplay trailers, documentaries, visual identity, packaging, digital commerce, retail, trade, media, events, social and CRM.
• Assist with developing highly effective, insights-driven creative briefs, driving projects forward with key stakeholders across the organization through completion.
• Champion a Consumer Marketing point-of-view in the development of creative approaches and concepts to ensure all communications and advertising materials deliver on strategy.
• Support ongoing growth marketing efforts by developing and executing against evolving creative strategies that combine creativity with analytics to yield increasingly effective results
• Work with product and analytics teams to define/conduct hypothesis-driven analyses and A/B tests on audience, creative and messaging to inform future marketing efforts
• Manage annual production budget by reviewing Agency estimates for services, managing costs versus budgets, and tracking overall spend.
• Communicate and motivate cross-functional teams around a single marketing strategy.
• Day-to-day management of external creative agencies and internal creative partners.
• Collaborate with key development studio personnel and cross-functional partners to develop go-to-market strategies and creative asset development.
• Coordinate with key Digital and Physical Commercial teams and Retail and Sales personnel on trade and consumer marketing programs, retail merchandising and sales materials.
• Able to learn new emerging markets quickly and adjust to changing market dynamics and competitive landscapes.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years experience in brand marketing, creative agency account management (or equivalent client-side position) or video game industry
• Experience in Performance Marketing, Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Branding/Visual ID Development, Digital Marketing/Social required.
• Live Ops/Live game marketing experience preferred
• Must be proficient in traditional and digital media planning, including programmatic and growth.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
• People/agency management experience
• A passion for gaming and entertainment, while understanding current industry and cultural trends
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• A self-motivated, results-oriented, creative problem solver
• Extremely organized, prepared, detail-oriented
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• International marketing experience a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.