Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As AB Community Specialist , you will take part in the develop ment and execution of
Owned and Earned community programs with a goal of maximizing the E MEA player base enjoyment of and engagement in our franchise ecosystem(s), turning as many as possible into ambassadors for our games.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• In partnership with the regional Social media teams , CS, franchise leads , marketing and communication expert teams , you influence the community engagement and publication roadmap .
• Monitor and evaluate impact of community program s, sentiment of players , and community influencer outreach programs for continued improvement by providing insight to the EMEA marketing teams
• Engage in directly , and at times directly , in key topics of conversation within franchise owned and earned channels.
• Work in partnership with PR teams and own the relationship of key members and in f luencers
of the player community and content creators who have local significance .
• Represent a knowledgebase on the gaming landscape, its players, and competitors for a given market. In addition, you must be willing to develop a deep knowledge of Activision and Blizzard games and products .
• Be a champion and an internal advocate for
our players and game communities in assessment of message priority, risk and cultural feedback .
• Employ creative ways to improve key community relationships; share and collaborate with cross-functional teams on the development of community programs to support franchise objectives for engagement, reach, and sentiment.
• Embody a ''player first'' mentality , the game values, and the values of Activision Blizzard in all interactions . Act as a representative of AB in online channels and at community events as required.
• Ability to deliver high quality work while managing multiple projects.
• Deep knowledge of Activision and/or Blizzard game ( s ) , social media channels, and local gaming communities .
• Strong communication skills and passion for teamwork .
• A genuine passion for gaming and technology.
• Ability to speak and write in English plus one European language fluently and idiomatically (ideally German or Russian)
Key success for year 1
• A successful candidate will be able to display sentiment improvement towards community management within their subregion , with specific examples of how their own contributions have positively impacted our relationships with players.
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming.
Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw87nj-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.