Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As a Communications Manager for Germany your role is directly responsible for owning and delivering all Franchise and Corporate communication work within these territories.
As an experienced Communications Manager, you will thrive in an energetic team environment, will be highly
organi s ed and able to inspire and lead your team to achieve their goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading the planning and execution of the Company's Comms initiatives for key Activision and Blizzard franchises in the local market.
• Collaborate with EMEA Comms & Influencer Management teams, work closely with the Territory Marketing Teams to ensure PR plans are well integrated into overall Marketing execution
• Generate and deliver creative ideas (working with local PR agency where necessary) with mainstream and specialist media which drive enhanced editorial content and coverage over and above the ''basic'' first look, preview, review features.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the local press and with additional key media partners where relevant to the products.
• Respond in a timely fashion to incoming queries from media (when required).
• Coordinate directly with streamers, creators, celebrity ambassadors and business managers or agents to build and execute key influencer high-impact programs.
• Provide strategic input to launch, momentum and community relations. Help craft
our narrative message, including talking points, messaging.
• Support tours, live event executions, trade show activations, partner promotions and competitions as well as other opportunities to share our games to connect with Influencers and Media.
• Provide inputs for reporting across streaming networks, creator platforms, specialist and mainstream media; including analyzing key performance data, industry trends and emerging opportunities.
• Manage PR agencies to support internal teams. Distribute assets and information on products.
• Collaborate with Communications Director to support any Corporate initiatives or issues, in territory
• Responsible for local PR budget (TBD).
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
This role is a management level position where you will thrive
on a can-do attitude, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think outside the box all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition, you will have:
• A Degree level Education (preferred) relevant to the experience required for the role.
• At least 7 years Communications Management with Press and Creators, ideally for an Entertainment brand.
• Excellent spoken and written skills i n English (German language skills an advantage) .
• Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines in a timely manner .
• Awareness of business planning and consumer orientation (targeting, segmentation, media trends) .
• Ability to innovate and propose new ideas .
• True team player, agile, loyal, acting with transparency .
• Outstanding organizational and planning abilities .
• Serve as both a strategist and a doer .
• Financial savvy (budgeting, ROI-oriented prioritization) .
• Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards .
• Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills .
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately .
• A willingness to travel should it be required in role.
• You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra
of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenaciou s in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour .
• Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must.
Key success for year 1
• Establish close relationships with key Press, Creators and Celebrity influencers, managing day to day interactions with stakeholders and management.
• Manage agency effectively to deliver results across products.
• Deliver successful communications campaigns for key franchises, as directed, demonstrating excellence in results and increased sentiment in results (in line with department KPIs)
• Play a positive and active role in the wider comms team, collaborating on key projects and sharing best- practies across the global and regional org.
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport , but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world's most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8o59-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.