Technical Program Manager
Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Infrastructure group is looking for a Cloud Engineer. This position will begin as remote, however, once restrictions are lifted will be onsite in either our Demonware office in Vancouver, Canada or the Central Tech office in Sherman Oaks, California.
• Facilitate large scale services migration from on-prem and AWS to Google Cloud
• Work with IaC and automation tools to produce scalable and repeatable infrastructure, and provide guardrails to developers to enable them to safely use those tools
• Align with cloud governance standards and security requirements
• Develop custom tools and scripts as necessary
• Help development teams identify and implement appropriate GCP services
• Troubleshoot issues with cloud services, vendors, and open source projects
• Participate in an on-call support rotation
• 1+ yrs of production Kubernetes architecture and management experience
• Excellent communication skills, and use of these to support customers or developers
• Experience managing reproducible infrastructure e.g. Infrastructure as Code
• Experience designing scalable architectures for containerized applications
• Virtual Machine experience
• Linux (Redhat/CentOS)
• Basic networking (routes, security groups, firewall rules)
• 3+ yrs Cloud Computing Experience (AWS/GCP/Azure)
• Production Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Experience
• Distributed systems experience (Kafka/Cassandra)
• Scripting (Python/Bash)
• Configuration Management Experience (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
• Docker Experience (container build pipelines, troubleshooting)
• Git & Jenkins Experience
• Terraform Experience, ideally as part of managing cloud infrastructure with IaC
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's ''100 Best Companies To Work For®,'' ''World's Best Employers,'' as well as ''Most Admired Companies.'' In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.