As a Cinematic Layout Artist on the Narrative Visual Team you will be working with other totally ''normal'' Animators, Designers, Engineers, and Producers to bring AAA franchises to life. Interested? Then keep reading…
The Cinematic Team is focused on much more than traditional cutscenes. We are constantly challenging ourselves to analyze every aspect of video game content in order to push cinematic quality wherever we can. As a member of our group we encourage new ideas for telling visually-focused stories within this constantly evolving, interactive medium.
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about
our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter
The skills & experience we're looking for:
• Fundamental knowledge of composition, cameras, film language, & editing
• Proficient with post-production software such as Adobe Premiere or After-Effects
• Deep Understanding of Cinematic process and Story
• Thorough familiarity of the layout process: Scene assembly, scene setup for camera layout, final body animation, scene preparation for animation
• Ability to translate story beats into effective visual experiences
• Task driven, self-motivated & proactive
• Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
• Experience animating cameras in 3D Software, such as Maya, Max, Unreal
• Provide Samples of your work online with a clear explanation of what you did
You will be responsible for:
• Working closely with the Cinematic Leads developing, defining, and maintaining high-end Hollywood-caliber cutscenes and real-time cinematic content.
• Establishing character blocking, camera positioning & movement
• Proactively creating solutions and solving problems.
• Participating in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback
• Able to work with team members of other disciplines. Such as communicating with technical artists and engineering support for implementing your cinematic animations in-engine.
• Getting cinematics up and running within the game's engine
• Staging Motion Capture data to craft effective character animations.
• Being a part of preparing and participating in motion capture shoots
You'll really get noticed with these features:
• Passion for Film and Video Games
• Motion Capture Experience
• Practical film/camera experience
• Drawing/Storyboard experience
• Familiarity with Blizzard titles
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That's a metaphorical backyard. The studio's backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we're driving distance from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!
Note that a test may be required for consideration.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93b54-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.