Category Manager, Software
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed Global Procurement function in a fast-paced and dynamic business in the entertainment industry. Responsible for the leadership, transformation, strategy and execution of complex, long-term category sourcing strategies across Activision, Blizzard and King technology spend categories.
The role will be responsible for leading the charge to evaluate new suppliers, to negotiate current contracts with an emphasis on price, terms, quality, and to execute on consolidation opportunities.
This individual would work closely with key stakeholders across the organizations to develop effective cost optimization strategies and implementation plans. The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
• Demonstrate ability to build strong trusted relationships with senior internal stakeholders across Activision, Blizzard, King technology teams. Build and maintain ongoing relationships with active suppliers and build relationships with potential future suppliers. Communicate and set expectations with stakeholders regarding anticipated timelines, savings, contract amendments, etc.
• Obtain stakeholder requirements, validate current understanding of business needs including current license entitlements, license usage, and cost allocation model. This requires a comprehensive understanding of complex business objectives and a high level of attention to detail.
• Create models and perform analysis to determine a negotiation strategy, comprehension of complex business objectives and maintain a high-level of attention to detail for the subcategories of spend you are responsible for.
• Negotiation and management of Software and SaaS contracts of varying complexity, including financial, contractual (Terms and Conditions), and commercial terms. Lead the negotiation process for Software and SaaS contracts, including engaging with suppliers, functional leaders, legal team, subject matter experts, leadership, as required.
• Responsible for the development and execution of Sub-Category strategies for Activision, Blizzard, King Technology
• Drive annual productivity improvements and cost savings initiatives to targeted goals within respective Sub-Categories
• Consistently seek process optimization and quality of service opportunities.
• Develop RFX's within respective Sub-Category when appropriate
• Oversee the end-to-end procurement process for requests within your assigned Sub-Categories Responsible for accuracy of contractual metadata within the GTP Contract Repository for your assigned Sub-Categories.
• Responsible for escalation management within your managed Sub-Category to address and resolve issues and quality concerns.
• Present to executive leadership as necessary.
• 5+ years of Technology Strategic Sourcing (not transactional) experience with a focus in Software at a global company. Category Management experience with an emphasis in Software, SaaS and Hosting including but not limited to various type of Software and related services including perpetual, term, subscription, and maintenance and support.
• 5+ years of Technology Procurement and Contract Management experience for leading large-scale, complex and/or regional/global categories of spend at the enterprise level. Experience negotiating and managing contracts (MSA and Commercial) for Software, SaaS, and Hosting agreements for a global organization.
• Strategic mindset and solid analytical skills
• Strong negotiating skills and experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to work with stakeholders across an organization
• Quantitative Analysis (financial or price modeling-both creation of model itself and performing the analysis from which a negotiation strategy is determined, requires comprehension of complex business objectives and a high level of attention to detail) is required
• Able to work independently, with limited direction and limited ability to delegate
• Bachelor's Degree
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may a
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjy6qb-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.